iPhone Dev Team has updated their tool Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 by fixes error 2601 and added new restore feature. This allow jailbreak users to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G. Another good news is Dev Team update unlock tool Ultrasnow compatible with iOS 6.
Download Redsnow according to platform
Dev Team Blog mentioned as follows
Update #2 (Nov 1): Version 0.9.15b3 fixes the redsn0w “error 2601” that Windows users were seeing using the Restore button. It also fixes a related Windows iTunes error 14 for stitched files. Note that if you have a baseband, you should probably avoid stitching and simply use redsn0w’s native Restore (not iTunes).
Those lucky recipients of new iPad minis and iPad4s on Friday can use this redsn0w to save your 6.0 blobs off to Cydia. First connect your new device and turn it on, then use redsn0w’s Extras->SHSH Blobs->New and point it at the 6.0 IPSW.
Steps for how to jailbreak your device using Redsn0w 0.9.15b3
- Download tool according to your platform for Windows and MAC users. Remember If you are Windows user run as administrator and MAC user use Ctrl-Click->Open if on Mountain Lion.
- Click extras and select correct IPSW file according to your device.
- Then go back and Click jailbreak button. You can see patching kernel and then activate two options install Cydia and enable battery percentage.
- Next step you need to set the device into DFU mode. We think you already know about DFU mode. This step make sure with your device is switched off and plugged into the computer.
- Some moment you need to go back and select IPSW file. Then click just boot button for reboot the device every time.
- Follow the steps correctly as mentioned in the Redsnow 0.9.15b3 tool. Finally you can see Redsnow logo and after Cydia in your device.
We think you can do this simple process correctly and we recommend to Youtube video’s if you are not still familiar with Redsn0w.