DFU means ” Device firmware update mode “. This method we are using to jailbreak our iDevices, restore iDevices with default firmware and also set our device into lower firmware (downgrade). So when we are going to do one of above mentioned methods DFU mode is important.
If you are going to jailbreak your iDevices you need to set the device into DFU mode. Most of the jailbreaking tools are mentioned as set the device into DFU mode. You need to practice this method several times before jailbreaking your device (If you are new to jailbreaing). This method is same in our devices iPhone, iPad, iPod.
Why we need to set the device into DFU mode ? Because device firmware may be crashes without DFU mode. You can restore via iTunes without any risk with DFU mode. So DFU mode is using to do our task safely. This is safety method to protect our device.
How to set our Device into DFU mode ? This is just simple work. You need to press two buttons together few moments. Following steps will be useful to set your device into DFU mode.
- First you need to plug into your computer. ( make sure iTunes already installed in the computer)
- Then your device need to off and hold the power button for 3 seconds
- Next without releasing power button press home button for 10 seconds (In this step you need to press both buttons together )
- Then get ready to release power button but press home button another 10 seconds
- Then you can see iTunes message as follows and you are now with DFU mode